College Applications Process
Class of 2021: please click here for an updated list of post-secondary planning communications sent to you from your school counselors this year.
- Most college applications can be completed on-line and submitted electronically.
- Common Applications can be used for some colleges. You can find out if the school you are applying to uses the common application by checking the school website.
- Please update your Naviance account to identify which colleges you have applied to.
- If applying to a college through the Common App, an official high school transcript will be sent as a part of the Secondary School Report completed by your school counselor.
- If applying to college through an institutional applications, students must request transcripts through Parchment.
- There is a cost of $5 per transcript
- You will receive email updates on the status of your requests
- MWHS does not have access to your login/password information for Parchment once you create it. Please record that information somewhere, so you have easy access to it.
- If you choose/need to submit college admissions test scores, you will need to do so from your online account through the testing website
- There is a fee per score sent.
- Many colleges require scores directly from the testing agency. The high school will not send test scores to colleges.
Counselor Forms and Secondary Reports
- Most counselor forms and secondary school reports are completed online by providing your counselor's email on the college application.
- Please provide the @westonka.k12.mn.us email when inviting your counselor to complete a form on your behalf
Letters of Recommendation
- Complete the MWHS Recommendation Form (available in the guidance office or through the link) and provide this completed form when asking a teacher/advisor/coach/counselor to write a recommendation for you.
- Be sure to ask the recommender if they are willing to complete the recommendation prior to entering their email address. Once the email address is entered, the recommender will automatically receive a request.
- Plan ahead– make sure to allow at least two weeks for the letter writer.
- Write a thank-you note!