Westonka Special Education Mission Statement
The Westonka Public Schools is a collaborative community of learners that uses effective instructional methods, implements research-based curriculum models, engages and challenges all learners with high academic expectations, develops healthy social and emotional relationships and facilitates the education of students with special needs while they strive to attain their potential in life.
- All students can learn.
- Positive social interactions and communication skills are essential in all areas of life.
- Every student has unique learning styles and strengths.
- Special education programming is based on needs, not labels, needs that are addressed through continuous data collection.
- The education of students is strengthened through collaboration and respect between educational staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members.
- Students need the strategies and tools necessary to promote independence and become contributing members of society.
Special Education Teachers
- Lisa Bonk
- Kayla Dalbey
- DeAnn Fink
- Krista Fisher
- Courtney Koerner
- Kelly Peterson
- Cheryl Sherbrooke
- Michele Wolff
Developmental Adapted Physical Education
Katie Jo O'Gara