Westonka Foodies 2020 Summer Plan
Starting June 8th! Monday – Friday (Please note meals will not be served June 1-5th)
We encourage all children under 19 years old to participate and here are some reasons why:
- They are FREE
- It extends your food budget and saves you time preparing breakfast and lunch
- It’s comforting & familiar to your kids to have food from school
- It’s confidential & not just for low income people
- You’re helping the Westonka Foodservice program to stay financially afloat
- You’re helping the Westonka Foodservice program employees stay employed throughout the summer
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) is covering the cost of these meals
- You’re not taking it away from someone who needs it more
Breakfast and Lunch will be handed out at the same time. Breakfast will consist of a grain or grain and protein plus a juice and milk. Lunch will consist of a grain, protein, fruit or vegetable, and a milk. We will not be posting a menu to allow the cooks flexibility in the meals each day. Lunches will be similar to school meals we’ve always served. No need to pre-order meals!
Summer Meal Delivery Stops
Westonka Foodies Angel Fund Donation Program
Many thanks to the donors of the Westonka Foodies Angel Fund. We collected 75% of the amount that has been committed to students this year! We are grateful for each dollar that is donated as it helps to support the 22 students currently receiving assistance on a daily basis and has helped clear negative balances for 20 additional students. We receive requests for assistance on a regular basis and we are grateful for opportunity to say "yes" due to the generosity of our community. Thank you, again, to all of our donors.
Laura Metzger, RD., LD., SNS
Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Your donated dollars help to ease the stress of children that do not have enough money in their meal accounts to eat school meals. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Helps us to help students! Donate to Westonka Foodies Angel Fund Drive Anytime during the school year!
|SY 19-20 Westonka Angel Fund Donors|
|Anonymous | Many Donors|
|Alexandra & Thomas Gombola|
|Bryan & Kimloan Sloss|
|Charles & Virginia Herkelman|
|Chris & Amy Evenson|
|Chris and Lydia Major|
|Christ Lutheran Women's Group|
|Cory and Katie Rutledge|