Summer Meals 2021
Summer Feeding Stops
Year End Meal Account Information
Westonka Foodies School Meal Account Balances
Effective Friday, May 21, 2021 - All NEGATIVE balance meal accounts MUST BE PAID IN FULL and REMAIN with a positive balance until the end of the school year.
Food & Nutrition Services RevTrak Payment Portal – Closing DateOnline payments will close on Monday, June 7, 2021, 2 pm. Food & Nutrition RevTrak payment portal will reopen again in August.
Year-End Remaining Meal Account Balances
Balances remaining in a student’s account at the end of the school year will carry over to the next school year. If the student moves to a new building, the balance will transfer. We encourage parents to check balances before school starts to ensure that there is enough money in the account. Westonka Foodies will transfer funds between siblings to clear any negative meal accounts.
Fund balances of graduating seniors will be automatically transferred to a sibling meal account within the district. If no sibling is enrolled in the district, please contact Food & Nutrition Services to request a refund or to donate the remaining meal account balance to Westonka Foodies Angel Account helping families that need a little help paying for milk, etc.
Refunds of $10 or Greater (School Meal Accounts)
Email your request to email@example.com. Requests for meal account refunds should be submitted by Monday, June 7, 2021 (2:00 pm).
Meal Account Purchase Histories
All customer purchase histories for school year 20-21 will be removed the week beginning June 7, 2021.Application for Educational Benefits (Free or Reduced Meals) School Year 21-22
As a reminder, families must reapply for free or reduced-price meals each school year. The application for next school year will be available online during the first week in July. Families can either complete a paper copy or apply online with Skyward Family Access.
Please contact the Westonka Foodies office with questions 952-491-8088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Summer P-EBT Benefits Are Available!
Even though the end of SY20-21 is just around the corner, it’s not too late to plan for the new Summer Pandemic Electronic Benefits Program (P-EBT) that your children may qualify for.
To be eligible for Summer P-EBT, children must be approved for free or reduced prices meals in one of the following ways:
- Summer P-EBT is a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit that is loaded on electronic cards for families to purchase food. P-EBT is jointly implemented by the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). Summer P-EBT benefits will be distributed in Late July.
What you need to do to receive Summer P-EBT benefits?If your family already qualifies for education benefits, then you need to do nothing further.If your family has not previously qualified for educational benefits, complete an Application for Educational Benefits prior to Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
- Receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Approved through the Application for Educational Benefits for the 2020-21 school year.
- The Summer P-EBT program benefits are NOT contingent on a child’s learning model (hybrid or distant) in SY20-21.
- Complete the online application on Skyward Family Access (link)
- Log in, and on the left hand quick links select food service. At the top of the screen use the drop down student menu to select one of the students in your household, then select the application link and complete the free/reduced school meal application.
Sincerely,Laura Metzger, RD., LD., SNSDirector of Food & Nutrition ServicesWestonka Public Schools
- Complete and submit the attached paper application by scanning/email to email@example.com or faxing your completed application to 952-491-8083.
Westonka Foodies has learned that P-EBT benefits for qualifying families should be mailed to households the week of 3/22/21 by program facilitators (MDE & DHS).
Westonka Foodies Angel Fund Donation Program
|SY 20-21 Westonka Angel Fund Donors|
|Christ Lutheran Church Women|
|Dan & Natasha Schroeder|
|Don & Mary Somers|
|Keiser Family Foundation|
|Ken & Nancy Schubert|