What is W.I.N. Time?
W.I.N. (What I Need) time provides time during the school day when all staff and all students are available to connect and collaborate.
W.I.N. is a 80 minute period, running twice from 8:20-8:58 a.m. and 9:02- 9:40 every Wednesday.
It is directly connected to our Grading for Learning Framework and will support the goals of this approach to grading. W.I.N. will create time for systematic, timely and targeted interventions for students in all grades.
W.I.N. time is required for students in grades 8-12.
What Options Are Available During W.I.N.?
- Teachers provide offerings focused on relearning, retakes and missing formative and summative assessments.
- Teacher rooms are available for subject-specific study.
- Flex spaces are available for students who are not locked-in and who do not need or do not choose a teacher offering.
How Does My Student Know Where to Go?
- On Tuesdays, teacher offerings will be available and students can begin signing up.
- On Tuesdays by homeroom, teachers will select students to lock-in; an email alert will be sent to students and families if locked-in for W.I.N.
- Each week, families are encouraged to discuss academic needs with students and guide them to make a selection that is best for their learning.