WIN Time Distance Learning
WIN (What I Need) time provides time during the school day when all staff and all students are available to connect and collaborate.
It is directly connected to our Grading for Learning Framework and will support the goals of this approach to grading. WIN will create time for systematic, timely and targeted interventions for students in all grades.
WIN time is required for any student 8-12 that is locked into an offering.
What Options Are Available During WIN?
- Teachers provide offerings focused on relearning, retakes and missing formative and summative assessments.
- Teacher Zoom room offerings are available for subject-specific study.
- During distance learning, even if a student is NOT locked into an offering, they are still able to and are HIGHLY encouraged to self-select an offering.
How Does My Student Know Where to Go?
- On Monday mornings at 7:00am, the Flex Scheduler will open for students to self-select for Tuesday's WIN sessions. On Wednesday mornings at 7:00am , the Flex Scheduler will open for students to self-select for Thursday's WIN sessions.
- By the end of the day Monday, teachers will select students to lock in for Tuesday's sessions; an email alert will be sent out to students and families if locked in for WIN. By the end of the day Wednesday, teachers will select students to lock in for Thursday's sessions. Students: be sure to make note which WIN session(s) you have been locked into.
- Each week, families are encouraged to discuss academic needs with students and guide them to make a selection that is best for their learning.