Westonka Public Schools is a 1:1 District providing each student in grades 5-12 with a District-managed Chromebook. As a Google Apps for Education district, we believe the Chromebook is the most effective educational device for students to use at school. Having a District managed and maintained device allows the following:
- All students are provided the same technology opportunities
- Westonka applications and digital curriculum can be delivered effectively
- Allows content on student devices to be filtered at school and at home
- IT and Media staff are trained to support issues with Chromebooks
- The device is compatible and configured for local, State and National testing
- District Insurance and on-site repair programs keep cost low and turnaround on repairs quick
For these reasons, we expect all students to use the school-issued Chromebook and to have this device charged and ready to use in all classes during the school day. Students may supplement the Chromebook with personal devices outside of school, but will not be allowed to bring personal devices to class.Chromebook Insurance
Families are encouraged to purchase Chromebook Insurance each school year.
Insurance Rate: $45 with $0 deductible. $110 cap per family.
The insurance fee can be paid online through Skyward Family Access or in person at MWHS Fast Start. Families who opt not to take insurance will be responsible for the cost of any repairs.Chromebook Cases at MWHS
All students are required to use a case to transport their Chromebook. The district will provide students with a high-quality durable case.