Award-winning Art Program
Westonka artists earn local, state and national awards every year.
- Minnesota Scholastic Art Awards - Mound Westonka High School artists regularly earn Scholastic Art Awards, including Gold Key and Silver Key awards.
- Third Congressional District High School Art Competition - MWHS art students are selected to exhibit their artwork in the annual Congressional Art Competition. MWHS alumna Carly Koch was the Grand Prize winner in 2014 and won a trip to Washington D.C.
- Minnesota State High School League Section II Visual Arts Festival - Each year, MWHS artists take home Excellent and Superior ratings from the Section Visual Arts Festival.
- Youth Art Month Student Exhibition, sponsored by Art Educators of Minnesota - Student artworks are submitted each year to the statewide Youth Art Month competition. The contest recognizes and promotes the achievements of students across the state. Westonka students' art is regularly displayed through this program at the Minnesota State Capitol and Westonka Performing Arts Center.
- Spirit of the Lakes Festival Art Contest - MWHS students have won this local art contest each year since 2016.
Art on Display
Parents can view their students' work in online art galleries and order custom gifts via Artsonia.com. Student artwork is also put on display at the Shirley Hills Spring Carnival, the Hilltop Imagination Celebration and the Grandview Art Show. MWHS student artwork is shared through district social media and in the Westonka PAC gallery. Each school also has its own gallery to display student artwork in the hallways.