Special Education Advisory Council
Mission Statement: Westonka SEAC’s mission is to empower parents of children from birth to age 21 with disabilities through various resources:
- Advise the special education department on current issues, program development and parental concerns
- Serve as an advocate for high quality special education programs
- Promote communication between family, school, and community
- Actively seek input from students and parents
Actively seeking input from students and parents, SEAC is the Special Education Advisory Council comprised of designated, representative parents of student receiving special education services from each educational site in Westonka (Early Childhood, Shirley Hills, Hilltop, Grandview Middle School and Mound Westonka High School), as well as a member of Westonka’s School Board. SEAC also includes a representative Special Education staff member from each educational site.
We encourage parents of children with special needs to take advantage of the events and resources offered by Westonka SEAC:
- Family Open Gym—all ages
- Special Education Guest Speakers
- PACER Information/Education Nights
- Community Education—Volunteer Buddy Program
- Early Childhood Special Education Information Folders
- Outreach at District and Community Events
If you would like to volunteer for SEAC functions, please contact the Special Services office.