Kindergarten Registration Checklist
Items to Bring to Kindergarten Round-Up
- Student Registration Form: It is important that the student registration form, which includes the Minnesota Language Survey, is turned in at Kindergarten Round-up so that staffing needs can be met for the school year.
- Birth Certificate: A photocopy of your child’s birth certificate must be submitted with your child’s registration. Please bring it with you to Kindergarten Round-up.
Items that Need to be on File by the First Day of School
- Pupil Immunization Record: A copy of your child’s immunization record, or a notarized exemption, must be returned to the school by September 8, 2020. According to state law, students will not be allowed to start school without the required immunizations or a notarized exemption. If your child has completed his/her 5-year-old shots, please bring the immunization record to Kindergarten Round-up.
- Student Health Care Summary: This form helps us to accommodate any health needs. Please take it to your doctor for completion and signature when your child receives shots. This form is due by September 8, 2020.
- Preschool Screening: Please make sure that your child has attended Preschool Screening. Please call (952) 491-8480 to schedule an appointment or go online to www.westonkace.org. If your child is screened in the Westonka School District, records will be sent directly to the school. If your child was screened in another district, please indicate that district on the back side of the registration form.
If You Live Outside Westonka School District Boundaries
- Open Enrollment Form: Non-residents must turn in this form along with the registration form at Kindergarten Round-Up. Primary school placements for non-resident students will be determined by lottery, with priority given to siblings of current students and children of staff. The deadline for initial placement process is Feb. 1, 2020. [Learn more about the Open Enrollment process]
- In-District Transfer Request: If you live in the Westonka School District but want your child to attend the primary school outside of your assigned attendance area, you must turn in an In-District Transfer Request with your registration form. The deadline for the initial placement process is Feb. 1, 2020. If there are more applicants than there are spaces available, a lottery will be held. [Learn more about in-district transfers]