2023-24 Kindergarten Enrollment Checklist
Enroll Online by February 1, 2023
- New Student Enrollment Application: You are invited to enroll online via the link below. Please complete the enrollment form by Feb. 1, 2023 so that we can plan our staffing needs.
- Prior to the online registration, please gather the following items:
- General Information (including name, address, phone number and email address)
- Medical Information (including physician’s name)
- Emergency Contact Information (including at least two contacts outside of the home)
- Childcare Information
- Preschool Screening Information
Documents Needed for Kindergarten Enrollment
The following items can be uploaded during online enrollment, or they can be faxed, mailed or dropped off at the school by August 14, 2023. Please complete the online registration to the best of your ability even if you don’t have all the following documents at the time of registration. We will follow up with you regarding any missing documents.
- Birth Certificate: A copy of your child’s birth certificate is requested to verify your child’s legal name.
- Pupil Immunization Record: A copy of your child’s immunization record, or a notarized exemption, must be returned to school by Monday, August 14, 2023, or at the latest by the first day of school. According to state law, students will not be allowed to start school without the required immunization or a notarized exemption. If your child has completed their 5-year-old shots, please upload the record as part of online registration, or you can fax, mail or drop off the record.
- Student Health Care Summary: This form is required to be completed and signed by a physician.
- Preschool Screening: Please make sure that your child has attended Preschool Screening. Please call (952) 491-8480 to schedule an appointment or go online to www.westonkace.org. If your child is screened in the Westonka School District, records will be sent directly to the school. If they were screened in another district, please upload the record as part of online registration or return to the school by August 14, 2023.
- Additional District Forms: Please complete these forms online as part of the enrollment form. Information will include the Minnesota Language Survey, Additional Household Members Under the Age of 21 and Preschool Screening information.
If You Live Outside Westonka School District Boundaries
- Open Enrollment Form: Non-residents must complete this form as part of online registration (in the Additional District Forms section). Primary school placements for non-resident students will be determined by lottery, with priority given to siblings of current students and children of staff. The deadline for initial placement process is Feb. 1, 2023. [Learn more about the Open Enrollment process]
- In-District Transfer Request: If you live in the Westonka School District but want your child to attend the primary school outside of your assigned attendance area, you must turn in an In-District Transfer Request with your registration form. The deadline for the initial placement process is Feb. 1, 2023. If there are more applicants than there are spaces available, a lottery will be held. [Learn more about in-district transfers]