Westonka eLearning Days
Why eLearning Days?
eLearning Days are intended to provide continuous learning in the event in-person learning is canceled due to weather.
When will Westonka hold an eLearning Day?
- The first weather-related school closure of the 2023-24 school year would be considered a traditional "snow day" for all students and staff. The district will enact the eLearning Day Plan starting with the second weather-related school closing of the year.
- On the second weather-related closure:
- secondary students (grades 5-12) will use their district-issued Chromebooks for learning, and
- primary students (grades K-4) will utilize choice boards to complete assignments.
- In the event of a weather-related late start or early release, the eLearning Day Plan will not be utilized.
eLearning Day Communication
eLearning Day announcements will be made as early as possible and no later than 2 hours prior to the start of the school day. School closing and eLearning Day notifications will be communicated through:
Information for Students and Families
Student attendance will be based on the completion of the work on eLearning Days. Teachers will work with students to address situations where they may not have the necessary resources to complete assignments or need additional time to complete the work. In some cases at the secondary level, teachers may take attendance by student participation on a scheduled Google Meet class session.
Options for Contacting Your Student's Teacher on an eLearning Day
- Send your child’s teacher an email to their school email address.
- Call your child’s teacher and leave a message on their school voicemail. If you request a call back from your child's teacher, please leave your callback number and specific time for a callback.
- Teachers, principals, and other licensed professionals will be available by email or phone (via voicemail) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Staff will respond to all communication requests in a timely manner during scheduled hours.
- Staff contact information can be found in the Westonka Public Schools Staff Directory