Summer Feeding Stops
ACT NOW to receive July & August 2021 Summer P-EBT Benefits
All families that want to continue receiving Summer P-EBT Benefits for July & August 2021,
MUST COMPLETE the SY21-22 Application For Educational Benefits Form (Link Below) prior to September 3, 2021.
To be eligible for July & August 2021 Summer P-EBT:
- Summer P-EBT is a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit that is loaded on electronic cards for families to purchase food. P-EBT is jointly implemented by the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
What you need to do to receive July & August Summer P-EBT benefits?Complete the SY21-22 Application for Education Benefits prior to September 3, 2021. Here is how:
- Children must be approved for School Year 2021-2022 Educational Benefits by completing the Application for Educational Benefits (link).
- Receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- The Summer P-EBT program benefits are NOT contingent on a child’s learning model (hybrid or distant) in SY20-21.
- Complete the online application on Skyward Family Access (link will be available 7/8/21)
- Log in, and on the left hand quick links select food service. At the top of the screen use the drop down student menu to select one of the students in your household, then select the application link and complete the Educational Benefits Application.
Sincerely,Laura Metzger, RD., LD., SNSDirector of Food & Nutrition ServicesWestonka Public Schools
- Complete/submit the paper application by scanning/email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing your completed application to 952-491-8083 or mail the completed application to: Westonka Foodies, Attention Deb Bailey, 5905 Sunnyfield Road East, Mound, MN 55364.
P-EBT Help Line Information
Westonka Foodies School Meal Account Balances
Year-End Remaining Meal Account Balances
Balances remaining in a student’s account at the end of the school year will carry over to the next school year. If the student moves to a new building, the balance will transfer. We encourage parents to check balances before school starts to ensure that there is enough money in the account. Westonka Foodies will transfer funds between siblings to clear any negative meal accounts.
Fund balances of graduating seniors will be automatically transferred to a sibling meal account within the district. If no sibling is enrolled in the district, please contact Food & Nutrition Services to request a refund or to donate the remaining meal account balance to Westonka Foodies Angel Account helping families that need a little help paying for milk, etc.
Refunds of $10 or Greater (School Meal Accounts)
Email your request to email@example.com. Requests for meal account refunds should be submitted by Monday, June 7, 2021 (2:00 pm).
Meal Account Purchase Histories
All customer purchase histories for school year 20-21 will be removed the week beginning June 7, 2021.
Please contact the Westonka Foodies office with questions 952-491-8088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westonka Foodies Angel Fund Donation Program
|SY 20-21 Westonka Angel Fund Donors|
|Christ Lutheran Church Women|
|Dan & Natasha Schroeder|
|Don & Mary Somers|
|Keiser Family Foundation|
|Ken & Nancy Schubert|