- Westonka Public Schools
- Application for Educational Benefits
Application for Educational Benefits
ACT NOW! Application for Educational Benefits (July & August Summer 2021) P-EBT Benefits
All families that want to continue receiving Summer P-EBT Benefits for July & August 2021, MUST COMPLETE the SY21-22 Application For Educational Benefits Form (Link Below) prior to September 3, 2021.
To be eligible for July & August 2021 Summer P-EBT:
- Summer P-EBT is a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit that is loaded on electronic cards for families to purchase food. P-EBT is jointly implemented by the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
What you need to do to receive July & August Summer P-EBT benefits?Complete the SY21-22 Application for Education Benefits prior to September 3, 2021. Here is how:
- Children must be approved for School Year 2021-2022 Educational Benefits by completing the Application for Educational Benefits (link).
- Receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- The Summer P-EBT program benefits are NOT contingent on a child’s learning model (hybrid or distant) in SY20-21.
- Complete the online application on Skyward Family Access (link).
- Log in, and on the left hand quick links select food service. At the top of the screen use the drop down student menu to select one of the students in your household, then select the application link and complete the Educational Benefits Application.
Sincerely,Laura Metzger, RD., LD., SNSDirector of Food & Nutrition ServicesWestonka Public Schools
- Complete/submit the paper application by scanning/email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing your completed application to 952-491-8083 or mail the completed application to: Westonka Foodies, Attention Deb Bailey, 5905 Sunnyfield Road East, Mound, MN 55364.
P-EBT Help Lines 651-431-4608 or 1-833-454-0153
Action requested to help secure possible funding for Westonka district
Dear Westonka Families
Westonka Foodies has been asked to reach out to families and urge households to complete an Application for Educational Benefits if their household income falls within any of the categories below.
School district financing is complex and funding is based on a number of criteria and is sourced by educational benefits including compensatory income (per pupil allotment), Title 1 (services helping to ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards), etc. Additionally, your child(ren) may qualify for additional benefits such as:
- Reduced activity fees
- Reduced fees within the community. Check out the Westonka Foodies Family Resource Guide (link coming soon) for details regarding discounts available to families eligible for Educational Benefits.
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) which is a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit that is loaded onto electronic cards for families to purchase food
At public schools, your educational application also helps the school qualify for important education funds and discounts.
Families may have opted not to apply for Educational Benefits because Westonka Foodies is able to serve all students no cost breakfast and lunch in SY2021-2022. Unfortunately, the number of families that have completed an application for Educational Benefits is down significantly and this will impact our districts funding & budget. Please consider completing the Application for Education Benefits prior to Monday, October 18, 2021 ensuring our school district will receive maximum financial support. If you have already completed a SY21-22 Application for Educational Benefits, no action is needed.
$ Per Year
$ Per Month
$ Twice Per Month
$ Per 2 Weeks
$ Per Week
Add for each additional person
Completing an application is easy and can be done online at Skyward Family Access or with a paper copy:
- Skyward Family Access (link) – Login and select Food Service from the left hand quick links. Then from the drop down menu at the top left of the page select a student’s name. The application link will be at the top right of the screen.
- Paper application (link) - Complete and scan/email to email@example.com or fax to (952) 491-8083 or mail to Westonka Foodies, 5905 Sunnyfield Road E, Mound, MN 55364.
Contact Deb Bailey at (952) 491-8088 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or need help completing the application for Educational Benefits (free or reduced price application).
Laura Metzger, RD., LD., SNS
Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Westonka Foodies Family Resource Guide