School-Age Adventure Club
Adventure Club is the premier School-Age Care Program of the Westonka Public Schools!
Adventure Club is Westonka’s leading before and after school care program for children in Kindergarten – 4th grade. Adventure Club offers a safe, nurturing environment staffed by educated and experienced professionals. Adventure Club is a balanced, high quality program which includes opportunities for recreation, social skill development, basic skills reinforcement and academic enrichment. Participating children have many opportunities to provide input into the types of activities that are available as well as the physical environment created before and after school.
- Convenient—located at your child’s school during the school year. Allows for easy transitions for students from their school day to afterschool care and to/from afterschool enrichment classes.
- Flexible—program options designed to meet the varying needs of families
- Affordable—fees are affordable for families and include a light breakfast, snacks, and fun.
High Quality before and after school Child Care is shown to...
- Help children further develop 21st Century skills
- Provide hands-on experiences that ignite passions
- Improve academic performance
- Provide enriching experiences during adolescence
- Foster positive youth outcomes (collaboration skills, self-confidence, etc.)
Hilltop Primary School
5700 Game Farm Road, Minnetrista
Shirley Hills Primary
2450 Wilshire Boulevard, Mound
*We do not bus children from one building to another. You must register your child for Adventure Club at the school they attend.
6:30–9:05 a.m. (before school)
3:45–6:00 p.m. (after school)
Monday–Friday on days when school is in session
Breakfast will be offered to all Adventure Club children from 7:30–8:30 a.m. daily through Westonka Food and Nutrition Services. Children will use their school lunch code to pay for breakfast at the daily breakfast rate set by Food Service if they choose to purchase it. A light snack will be provided at no additional cost to all children who attend after school care.
Program Options, Fees & Descriptions:
Please refer to the 2020-2021 K-4 Adventure Club Flyer located in the Quick Links section on the right of this page for program options, fees & descriptions.
K-4 School Year 2020-2021 Information & Updates
Please view our 2020-2021 school year flyer via the Quick Links on the right for program options, rates and information.
Each year we add as many new spaces as we can to our school year Adventure Club program. Even during these uncertain times, there was no exception for next school year. Unfortunately, we do have to cap our program at buildings each year for safety purposes. At this time the 2020-2021 school year program has filled at both buildings.
If you would like to be added to our waiting list for either building, please email Child Care Coordinator Ashley Tupper at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Child's Name
- School Building (HT or SH)
- Grade your child is entering next school year
- Days/Times needed for care
We appreciate your interest in wanting to be part of the Adventure Club program. Please feel free to reach out with any questions about the waiting list process.