Preschool Adventure Club
Preschool Adventure Club is for children ages 3-5 who are fully toilet trained and age three by September 1. All Preschool Adventure Club children must be enrolled in a Westonka Community Preschool class. Adventure Club uses the same Creative Curriculum and Pyramid Model (social/emotional framework) as the Preschool program to offer children an extension to their day. The Adventure Club staff and Preschool teachers collaborate together to assist in the development of the whole child.
Preschool Adventure Club is currently running at limited capacity out of both our Shirley Hills and Early Learning Center locations. At this time all spots have been filled and we are not accepting any further applications to join the program for the 20-21 school year as our waiting list is extensive.
2021-2022 School Year Information
As we navigate through uncertain times during the pandemic, we have not made a final decision as to program structure for the 2021-2022 school year. We ask that families who are interested complete the following Google Form and you will be sent further information as we move closer to our February 24 registration date.
3 - 5 years old (must be age 3 by September 1, 2021)
Shirley Hills Early Learning Site (ages 3-4)
2450 Wilshire Boulevard, Mound
Early Learning Center (ages 4-5)
5702 Game Farm Road, Minnetrista
Please refer to our 21-22 flyer via the Quick Links tab on the right!
Virtual Parent Information Meeting:
Monday, February 8 at 6 pm
*This meeting will take place via zoom. All families who complete the Google Form will be sent the link via email prior to the meeting.
Online registration for the 2021 - 2022 Preschool and Preschool Adventure Club program will open on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 8 am in Eleyo. All families may submit a contract for the 2021 - 2022 school year beginning on February 24. Please note the approval process below.
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021 - Registrations will be approved for current 2020 - 2021 families in the order registrations are received in the Eleyo registration system. (All families who had an approved contract before and after the changes due to the pandemic will be considered current families.)
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - Any remaining spots will be filled with new families in the order registrations were received in the Eleyo registration system.
Program Dates & Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7 am – 5 pm
Thursday, June 10 – Friday, August 20 (Closed July 1–2 & 5)
Early Learning Center: entering Preschool
- In order to attend Summer Preschool Adventure Club, your child MUST be fully toilet trained, age three by June 1, 2021 and registered for a regular Westonka Preschool class for the 2020-2021 school year.
Program Options and Rates:
*In order to remain in compliance with safety regulations amidst the pandemic the only schedule option for Summer 2021 is Monday – Friday. We appreciate your understanding so we can keep our groups consistent and all students and staff safe!
Cost per child
Entering K – 6th grade
$40/child registration fee is required at the time of registration. The registration fee includes a cotton field trip t-shirt, swim shirt, and drawstring backpack (non-refundable).
- A cold breakfast & snacks are provided daily.
- There is a possibility the school district may qualify to provide free hot lunch to all children. However, we typically do not receive this information from the state until late April. If we do NOT qualify for this grant, hot lunch will be offered by Westonka Food and Nutrition Services at the daily lunch rate Monday – Thursday for those who wish to have their child purchase a hot lunch. All children must bring a bag lunch each Friday.
Youth Enrichment Classes:
All Adventure Club students will participate in youth enrichment classes Monday – Thursday as part of their daily routine. Youth enrichment classes will run for a total of 8 weeks (4 sessions of two-week classes) from 9:30 am to 11:30 am for all Preschool – Grade 6 Adventure Club students. All Adventure Club students will rotate through a variety of enrichment classes throughout the Summer. Classes will focus on different enriching activities such as: art, science, technology, engineering, teambuilding, physical fitness, and much more!
We will try and incorporate as many safe on-site field trips for each group on Fridays as possible. If we are in a place to safely go on some off-site field trips by Summer 2021 this will be communicated to registered families as they are booked. No staff or students stay behind on field trip days so please note that your child is required to attend the field trip with us unless they are picked up prior to departure.
Online registration for Summer 2021 will open on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 8 am in Eleyo. All families may submit a contract for Summer 2021 on March 17. The following approval process will be used:
- Registrations will be approved for current 2020 - 2021 Adventure Club families beginning March 17 (All families who had an approved contract before and after the changes due to the pandemic will be considered current families.)
- Any remaining spots will be filled with new families beginning Wednesday, March 24, 2021 in the order registrations were received in the Eleyo registration system
Summer registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and will be accepted in the order they were received in our online system. You will receive a confirmation email from Eleyo if your contract request has been approved. If the program fills, all families that have submitted a contract request will receive an email that they were added the waiting list in the order their contract was received in the online system.
Registration will remain open until Friday, May 21 (or when programs have filled). Please note that there is limited space at all buildings. Register early to ensure a spot!