Grandview's School Counselors, Mrs. Larson and Mrs.LoScalzo, support students with social, emotional and/or academic counseling.
Office hours are from 8:00 to 3:00 Monday through Friday.
Students and parents can contact us directly through email OR through the counselor connection links, to schedule a time to connect.
If someone in your family is experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact these available resources.
Connect with Your Child’s School Counselor for a Successful School Year
Understand the expertise and responsibilities of your child’s school counselor. School counselors make a measurable impact in every student’s life, assisting with academic, career and personal/social development. Professional school counselors are trained in both educating and counseling, allowing them to function as a facilitator between parents, teachers and the student in matters concerning the student’s goals, abilities and any areas needing improvement. School counselors provide services not only to students in need, but to all students.
School Counseling Services include:
- Academic, social and emotional support through individual and group counseling
- Communication and consultation with students, staff and families about student needs
- Student placement and scheduling
- Response to Intervention - coordination of student interventions
- Liaison and support for new students/families to Grandview and student transition within the district
- Coordinator White Hawks Welcome Team
- Coordination of student 504 plans
- Crisis intervention and prevention
- Referrals to appropriate in-school and community resources
- Support coordination of Ramp Up to Readiness - post secondary preparedness
- Leadership in building initiatives
- Coordination of positive school climate activities
- Interpretation and coordination assistance with State and District Testing
We are always happy to help and support students, families, and staff. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.