Westonka Public Schools is a 1:1 District providing each student grades 5-12 with a District managed Chromebook. As a Google Apps for Education district, we believe the Chromebook is the most effective educational device for students to use at school. Having a district managed and maintained device allows the following:
- All students are provided the same technology opportunities
- Westonka applications and digital curriculum can be delivered effectively
- Allows content on student devices to be filtered at school and at home
- IT and Media staff are trained to support issues with Chromebooks
- The device is compatible and configured for local, state and national testing
- District Insurance and On Site repair programs keep cost low and turnaround on repairs quick
For these reasons, we expect all students to use the school-issued Chromebook and to have this device charged and ready to use in all classes during the school day. Students may supplement the Chromebook with personal devices outside of school, but will not be allowed to bring personal devices to class.
MWHS Chromebook Distribution
Chromebooks will be distributed in the MWHS Media Center at Fast Start.
August 23: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
A drop off box will be provided for $45 per student Chromebook Insurance. Please make checks payable to ISD 277 and indicate the student name on the check or envelope. Insurance can also be paid online prior to pick-up.
All families should pick up Chromebooks on this day to ensure students are ready to use the device on the first day of school.
Prior to Chromebook distribution all families are asked to complete the Chromebook Insurance Form. Rates for insurance are $45 per student with a $110 cap per family.
The insurance fee can be paid online through Skyward Family Access or in person at MWHS Fast Start or GMS Open House by cash or check. Families who opt not to take insurance will be responsible for any repair costs.