- 24 teachers plus staff serve approximately 400 students in grades K-4 and 30 preschool students
- Core classes: English, Social Studies, Science, Mathematics and Writing
- Hilltop runs a Day 1-4 schedule with a 65-minute daily block for technology, gym, art or music
- Westonka Edge21 is transforming the method by which curriculum is delivered to students and is personalizing the learning experience for students
- As part of the district-wide 1:1 student to device initiative, each student in grades K-4 is given an iPad to use during the school day
- Both of Westonka's primary schools are National Blue Ribbon Award winners for "exemplary education"
- Westonka students in grades 3 and/or 4 have scored in the Top 5 in the state on the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCAs) every year since 2006
- Westonka's primary school students consistently score above national benchmarks on NWEA reading and math exams
- Students can learn at their instructional levels through advanced coursework options and personalized curriculum
- Hilltop offers Gifted and Talented Education Services (GATES) for grades 3 and 4 and Enrichment coursework in grades K-2
- The Alternative Delivery of Specialized Services (ADSIS) program provides direct instruction and services to students who may need additional academic supports to succeed in the general education environment
- iPads, Google Chromebooks and instructional materials enhance personalized learning to support students who are struggling in reading and math
- The Engineering is Elementary (EiE) curriculum allows students to experience the work of an engineer and solve open-ended problems, applying their math, science, language arts and problem solving skills.
Special Events and Activities
- Hilltop's premier archery program has competed at the state and national levels
- Imagination Celebration allows students to showcase their art and musical talents
- The Hilltop Operetta is performed every three years
- Students look forward to welcoming loved ones to school on Grandfriends Day
- For over 30 years, Hilltop fourth-graders have celebrated their rite of passage into middle school at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
- Westonka Community Education offers recreation and enrichment opportunities for students in all grades. Their offerings include sports teams, Spanish classes, music lessons and more.
- Adventure Club is a before- and after-school care program for children in grades K-4, held every day at Hilltop.
- Hilltop has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Parents enjoy classroom volunteer opportunities throughout the year