Changes to Westonka Foodies | March 16, 2021
Changes to Westonka Foodies | Starting March 16, 2021
Please see the information below regarding meal options starting March 16, 2021. If the learning model for the district, or your student's building changes, we will send you information regarding updated meal options. Please don't hesitate to contact our office with questions.
Meal Options for Westonka Students
Students of Westonka Schools will have multiple ways to access meals the remainder of the school year depending on their grade level and learning model choice. Breakfast and Lunch meals remain free of charge through June of 2021. The means all students may select one free breakfast and one free lunch each day.
In Person Students:
On days when your student is learning in their school building, they will visit our cafeterias as they have in previous years but with extra safety and physical distancing measures in place.
- In person students can pick up “to go” meals on Thursday for Friday through Sunday.
- All meals are free of charge.
- GMS - Hybrid meals can be picked up on Thursdays (excluding holidays and non-school days) between 2:40 – 3:00 pm in the cafeteria, bus and parent pick up areas.
- MWHS - Hybrid meals can be picked up on Thursdays (excluding holidays and non-school days) between 2:00 – 3:45 pm in either of the hybrid meal fridges, located at exits (courtyard and north doors), or in the PAC entryway.
- Westonka Foodies may also offer a small variety of snacks that students can purchase using their meal accounts.
* For more information about how your student’s school is promoting physical distancing during meal services, please reach out to the school directly. For menus, please visit the Nutrition Services page of the Westonka Schools website.www.westonkafoodies.com
Distance learners will have the opportunity to pick up food daily from MWHS in front of the Performing Arts Center from 2:00-3:45 pm Monday – Thursday, and Fridays 10:00 - Noon on student days (excluding holidays and non-school days). All distance meals are served free of charge.
Free or reduced-price meals application:
Completing a free or reduced-price meal application will be critical to our district’s finances.
Laura Metzger, RD., LD., SNS
Food and Nutrition Services, Director