Westonka Foodies 2020 Summer Feeding Plan
Starting June 8th! Monday – Friday (Please note meals will not be served June 1-5th)
We encourage all children under 19 years old to participate and here are some reasons why:
- They are FREE
- It extends your food budget and saves you time preparing breakfast and lunch
- It’s comforting & familiar to your kids to have food from school
- It’s confidential & not just for low income people
- You’re helping the Westonka Foodservice program to stay financially afloat
- You’re helping the Westonka Foodservice program employees stay employed throughout the summer
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) is covering the cost of these meals
- You’re not taking it away from someone who needs it more
Breakfast and Lunch will be handed out at the same time. Breakfast will consist of a grain or grain and protein plus a juice and milk. Lunch will consist of a grain, protein, fruit or vegetable, and a milk. We will not be posting a menu to allow the cooks flexibility in the meals each day. Lunches will be similar to school meals we’ve always served. No need to pre-order meals!
View the Summer Feeding 2020 full page document here.