- Hilltop Primary School
- Hilltop Home
Westonka Honors Retirees, Long-Time Staff
Please watch a video highlighting this year's Westonka Public Schools' retirees. The full written reflections submitted by some of the retiring staff members are linked below.
June 3, 2021 — This spring Westonka Public Schools recognized 14 staff members who have retired since last summer, or are planning to retire at the end of the school year, as well as 22 employees who had years of service milestones. In total the staff recognized this year have given 668 years of service to the Westonka district and its students and families.
Retirees for 2020-21, their position and their years of service are:
- Tami Schmitz - Teacher, Shirley Hills Primary School, 36 years
- Beth Harstad - Teacher, Grandview Middle School, 35 years
- Chris "Butch" Humbert - Teacher, Mound Westonka High School, 34 years
- Gail Howard - Teacher, Shirley Hills Primary School, 32 years
- Karla Humbert - Teacher, Shirley Hills Primary School, 31 years
- Jean Yerhot - Teacher, Grandview Middle School, 27 Years
- Jean Gevik - Teacher, Grandview Middle School, 20 years
- Lynda Polingo - Teacher, Shirley Hills Primary School, 20 years
- Bob Kuehl - Teacher, Mound Westonka High School, 19 years
- Cyndi Loewen - Teacher, Hilltop Primary School, 17 years
- Art Newton - Custodian, Grandview Middle School, 17 years
- Therese Frenette - Teacher, Hilltop Primary School, 15 years
- Eileen Schwake - Teacher, Grandview Middle School, 14 years
- Randy Heuer - Custodian, Mound Westonka High School, 11 years
Honored for 15 years of service to the district were Chantelle Jordahl, Hilltop teacher; Heather Ehalt, Hilltop teacher; Anna Peters, Shirley Hills teacher; Gretchen Chilson, MWHS and GMS teacher; Therese Frenette, Hilltop teacher; Dale Kimball, MWHS teacher; Sara Schwartz, MWHS teacher; Sarah Grimm, Early Childhood director; and Faye Teske, Shirley Hills paraprofessional.
Recognition for 20 years of service went to Roxi Saholt, GMS paraprofessional; Debra Castner, GMS teacher; Jean Gevik, GMS teacher; Lynda Polingo, Shirley Hills teacher; Katie Seehusen, GMS teacher; Michele Holloway, GMS food service; Christy Baker, Hilltop paraprofessional; and Cami Kuhbander, MWHS food service.
Honored for 25 years of service were Tracy Gunderson, Shirley Hills Custodian; Todd Munsterteiger, MWHS teacher; Deborah Gibbs, Hilltop paraprofessional; and Pam Tremblay, MWHS teacher. Beth Harstad, GMS teacher, was recognized for 35 years of service.
Again this year it was not possible to have a recognition banquet for the retirees and years of service honorees due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but thanks to the generosity of sponsors, the honorees received special gifts and staff will be treated to a lunch on the last teacher professional day.
- Kraus-Anderson Construction
- Wold Architects
- Musser Environmental Consulting
- 4.0 School Services
- Loffler Companies
- Dashir Management Services
- Rupp, Anderson, Squires & Waldspurger, PA