Free & Reduced Price Meals
Your children may qualify for free meals. To apply for free school meals, complete the Application for Educational Benefits following the instructions. This also helps our school qualify for additional education funds and discounts. Therefore, it’s important and encouraged that Westonka Public School families apply for Educational Benefits
How can I receive an application for Free or Reduced-Price meals?
- The application is mail to every enrolled student household in August
- Pick an application up at any Westonka school office
- Current school year applications are available on our district website in August
- Skyward Family Access: Log in to Skyward Family Access and select Food Service and then complete the online application
- Call or email Food & Nutrition Services at (952) 491-8088 or email@example.com
- Click on the application link below
SY18-19 Application for Educational Benefits (Free/Reduced Meals):
*Note: The online version of the Free & Reduced Application is available on Skyward Family Access. If you need help with your household's login or password, please contact Westonka Foodies.
Applications may be submitted anytime during the school year. When completing the form, applicants should include only the last four digits of the signer’s Social Security Number, address, signature, as well as income information for all household members. An incomplete application cannot be processed until all information has been provided.
Forward completed applications:
- Mail: Food & Nutrition Services, 5905 Sunnyfield Road E., Minnetrista, MN 55364
- Fax: (952) 491-8083
- Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or drop the completed Application at any Westonka school location
Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify. If your family chooses to apply please complete a "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form." You will be notified by email of your child's status. Until notification, you must provide your child with a meal or money for school meals.
Only complete one application per family. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.
Factors considered in the application process are the household size and total household income. HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children, grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.
Foster children are categorically eligible for free meal benefits. An application is not needed yet there does need to be documentation of status by a state or local entity familiar with the child's status. Foster children may be included in the household application as part of the household size.