MWHS COVID-19 Safe Learning Plan
On Dec. 21, Westonka Public Schools announced the following re-entry plan for Mound Westonka High School students:
- January 4-January 15 - Mound Westonka High School students grades 8-12 will continue in the distance learning model through the end of second quarter.
- January 18 & 19 - No school for grades K-12. Teacher professional days.
- January 20 - Grades 8-10 will return to school in the hybrid learning model on Wednesday, January 20. Grades 11 and 12 will continue in the distance learning model through the end of January.
- Note: The Safe Learning Plan requires that most schools implement a rolling start, with no more than three grade bands being introduced into the building in a two-week time period.
- February 1 - Grades 11 and 12 will return to school in the hybrid learning model on Monday, February 1.
Westonka’s re-entry plans are subject to change if we see significant increases in the spread of COVID-19 in our community after Winter Break. Westonka’s District Support Team has a follow-up consultation scheduled with our Regional Support Team on January 13 to review the latest health data and to confirm the safety of our re-entry plans. Any required changes to this plan will be communicated later that day.
Please take time to review this document ⇒ MWHS Hybrid/Distance Learning: Everything You Need to Know
The MWHS COVID-19 Safe Learning Plan web pages provide an overview of the school's plans for all three educational models outlined by the state—hybrid learning, distance learning and in-person learning. Check back often, as these pages will continue to be updated regularly.