Distance Learning 2.0
If the situation occurs that Hilltop needs to be closed to in-person learning due to the threat COVID-19, students will participate in distance learning. Westonka Public Schools has leveraged what was learned from distance learning in spring 2020 to create the improved Edge21 Distance Learning Plan.
All Hilltop students will have a district-issued iPad to support their primarily online education. The district will work with families to ensure reliable Internet access. School meals will be available to students via curbside pick-up and bus stop delivery.
Distance Learning at Hilltop
- Students will follow a block schedule for core content during the morning session and have individually scheduled group/one to on times in the afternoon of each day between the hours of 9:05 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Delivery of instructions will be a mix of synchronous and asynchronous lessons delivered by homeroom teachers and supported by support staff.
- Food will be available at bus stops and curbside delivery.
Mental Health and Wellness
- All classes and students will continue with our Social Emotional Learning plan including Second Step Curriculum, PBIS Positive Behavior Expectations and Character Education focused on bully prevention.
- Adventure Club will be offered on site for Tier 1 families and all others based on availability.
- Students will use a variety of programs with their iPads that will be sent home with students.