Dear WAC Members,
Thank you for your patience during the temporary COVID-19 closure of the Westonka Activity Center. You may have heard that Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) have issued new guidelines (Executive Order 20-74) for the reopening of gyms and fitness centers. During the time that our facility has been closed, we have been busy planning and preparing for your safe return to the WAC. Active and healthy lifestyles are more important now than ever and we are eager to assist you in your wellness journey. We are excited to welcome you back to the WAC beginning on Wednesday, June 17th! We will remain open through Wednesday, July 1st as a soft reopening. This period of time will be FREE of charge.
As you can imagine, there will be notable changes and adjustments once we reopen. We appreciate your understanding of the modifications to help keep our guests, members and staff safe. This is a joint effort in creating a welcoming and safe environment. Here is what is most essential to expect.
Beginning on Wednesday, June 17th, our new summer hours will be:
Monday-Friday, 6 am-7 pm
Saturday, 8 am-4 pm
Annual memberships will resume beginning Monday, July 13th. Membership renewal dates (when your annual membership was set to expire) will be extended 4 months to reflect the closure from March 16 through July 12.
Monthly memberships are allowed to be reinstated beginning Monday, July 13th. If you wish to renew your monthly membership, please call the WAC at 952.491.8260 or email email@example.com with your request.
General Facility Information:
- We are limited to a maximum capacity of 25%. If we reach capacity, you will be required to wait outside.
- All users must maintain the 6’ social distancing at all times.
- We have designated entry and exit doors. Look for signs upon arrival.
- Anyone entering the facility must take a health screening which includes a temperature check. We are encouraging self screening at home prior to coming to the WAC. If you are not feeling well or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
- Per Governor Walz Executive Order 20-81, beginning on July 25, 2020, all staff and patrons are required to wear a mask while using the facility. Face coverings may be temporarly removed when engaging in physical activity. UPDATED 7/22/2020
- You must wash your hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Coffee and vending machines will not be available.
- Bring a water bottle. Drinking fountains are only available to fill up water bottles.
Locker rooms are closed until further notice. Restrooms are available on the main level in the lobby area.
- Lap swim will be available on a limited basis. You must sign in at the front desk. The schedule will be available on the WAC website. Lap swimming will be limited to 30 minutes per swimmer.
- No Aqua Fit classes until further notice.
- No open swim until further notice.
- Swimming lessons have been canceled for the summer and have been replaced with private and/or semi-private lessons. Registration information can be found at www.westonkace.org.
- Each court in the Gym will be limited to a maximum of 10 people.
- Please use the social distancing protocols.
- Gym equipment will not be available for use. You must provide your own balls, etc…
- The schedule will be available on the WAC website.
Only 2 lanes of the track will be available, the middle lane will be coned off. The inside lane will be designated for walking and the outside lane for jogging. Please use the social distancing protocols.
- The fitness studio will be limited to 7 people at a time. The floor has been marked to maintain social distancing.
- Fitness classes will remain virtual. In person classes will resume at a later date.
- Several machines have been blocked off to allow for social distancing.
- You are required to wipe down equipment with disinfectant spray following use.
- You must sign in at the front desk to use the cardio and weight equipment.
- Use of cardio equipment is limited to 30 minutes and weight equipment is limited to 45 minutes.
Virtual and in person personal training sessions are available. Please contact Jen Trundle at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a personal training session.
Anyone not following these guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and could have their membership terminated.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the MN Department of Health website at https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html.