Childcare for Emergency Workers
First of all, Westonka Public Schools would like to thank our emergency workers for all you are doing during the COVID-19 pandemic. We applaud and appreciate your dedication to the work you are doing to help provide care during this difficult time. It is our hope to provide the same level of care for your children and we look forward to them joining us. Unless otherwise communicated, breakfast, lunch & snacks will be provided by Food & Nutrition Services at no cost on the days we are open for emergency childcare.
Emergency childcare will be provided at the Early Learning Center/Hilltop Primary (5702 Game Farm Road, Mound). If you will be dropping off/picking up your child, please enter in through the main entrance of the Early Learning Center (Door 11S).
We will be providing Emergency childcare between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. free of charge. Priority will go to Tier 1 families first and then will always be opened up to Tier 2 families as space allows. If you are unsure if your employment falls in Tier 1 or 2, please review the Care for Children of Critical Workers document.
Beginning March 30, 2020, Tier 1 families will also qualify for additional before/after school care. Please note that those who request additional before and/or after school care would be responsible for payment. Rates will be as follows:
Rate per child
Before school hours (6:30-8:30 a.m.)
School hours (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Free of charge
After school hours (3:30-6 p.m.)
Before & after school hours
Transportation can be provided to/from school for those who live in and attend Westonka Schools during regular school hours ONLY. Children would be picked up slightly before 8:30 a.m. and dropped off slightly after 3:30 p.m. If you would like to have your child(ren) transported, please email Ashley Tupper with the following information:
- If you would like your child(ren) transported to/from school or just on one end or the other
- The best phone number for transportation to call and confirm your address and provide you with exact pick-up/drop-off times
Emergency Childcare Registration Instructions
Please go to www.westonkace.org to begin the registration process.
- If you have never registered for a Westonka Community Education course, Adventure Club or sport for your child through our Eleyo registration system, please click the “Sign in” button in the top right corner. If you already have an active account, please login to your account and then skip to step 3.
- At the bottom of the Sign in where it says “Don’t have an account?” click the blue text that says “create one now” and create your account login/family profile.
- Type “Adventure Club” into the search bar. Once on the Adventure Club information page scroll down and click “Enroll Now” in the active Emergency Childcare - ELC/HT season.
- Select “New Contract” under the Emergency Childcare - ELC/HT section
- Complete all registration information and questions, including selecting the days and times you would like your child to attend (you will see a calendar pop up where you should select the days you would like care).
- It is critical that you correctly answer if you are a Tier 1 or 2 family as we have to report this data to the state.
- Click “Submit”
- If you have multiple children who qualify to attend, please make sure you complete the registration process for all children.
As a reminder, by submitting your registration you are confirming you understand that appropriate employer identification must be provided to Child Care Coordinator Ashley Tupper by 4:30 p.m. on the day prior to your child attending care. Westonka Public Schools reserves the right to deny care if proper employer identification is not provided or you do not fall into the approved healthcare/emergency responders list as outlined by the Minnesota Department of Education (approved list below).
Per the Minnesota Department of Education, approved forms of identification are:
- employee work badge
- letter from employer
Either a photo of your employee work badge or copy of your employment verification letter must be emailed to Child Care Coordinator Ashley Tupper at email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on the day prior to your child attending care.